The Democratic Women of Randolph County have established a scholarship available to any Randolph County Senior who has or will meet the following requirements:
- 3.0 GPA
- 500-word essay, in MLA format about a significant event that has occurred in their lives and should also include their future goals.
- Acceptance to an accredited school of higher learning that offers an Associates or Bachelor’s degrees
- Student Statement of Estimated Family contribution as identified on the FAFSA letter.
- Your input on any special circumstances we should consider.
- List of any awarded scholarships.
This is a $500.00, one time only payment directly to the student’s post-secondary institution.
Completed applications should be mailed to the address above and must be received by April 15, 2019. We hope to make the announcement around May 1, 2019. We will notify only the successful applicant. The winner of this scholarship will be asked to please attend DWRC’s May 25, 2019 meeting, to be introduced to our members and have their photo taken for a press release and social media posts. The winner will also receive two (2) complimentary reservations for the Randolph County Democratic Party’s 2019 Blue Jean Gala in late summer/early fall (date TBA). A formal Gala invitation will be mailed at a later date.
Please note that the Democratic Women of Randolph County welcomes applications from all students regardless of political affiliation or ideology.